1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discord Voice/Text Server

Discussion in 'Announcments' started by DwDMadMac, Mar 12, 2017.

By DwDMadMac on Mar 12, 2017 at 3:38 PM
  1. DwDMadMac

DwDMadMac Owner Staff Member

This is a recap from what we had posted on our old forums. I wanted to repost this to keep as a memory, plus it has very useful information for those of us who never herd of Discord.

The time has come, to think we are actually getting rid of Teamspeak is mind blowing! I remember the days of Ventrilo and thought to myself what would ever replace this, then Teamspeak came along. Now we have Discord!

Discord has every feature that Teamspeak has, but so much more. The best part, it is entirely FREE. Yes, that is right, FREE! you can use this application in a web browser, mobile app, windows app, even Linux has its own app (Still in early BETA stages but I have no issues and I am running Debian 8.3 KDE)

When you first join (which should be through a browser) it will display a notification at the top saying "Claim your name". This is the same as creating an account. Make sure you do this to ensure no one steals your name. Once you have claimed your name (created a account) you will be able to join (login) freely and all your settings will be saved and can use the apps.

To join our server directly use this link: https://discord.gg/0wNAQXrk4JWnzalc

Should only need to use this link once to claim your name (Create an account) then you can just login from the site/app from there.

• FEATURES
      • 100% Free communication
      • IP & DDoS Protection
      • Browser Support
      • Mobile App
      • Friends List
      • In-game Overlay
      • Codec - Opus
      • Low Latency
      • Minimal CPU Usage
      • Custom Hot Keys
      • Smart Push Notifications
      • Permissions
      • Multiple Channels
      • Modern Text Chat
      • Individual Volume Control
      • Direct Messaging
      • Automatic Failover
      • and much, much more....

• Like Like x 1
Founder

Comments

Discussion in 'Announcments' started by DwDMadMac, Mar 12, 2017.